- 2 bell peppers – only green
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice up vegetables of your choice.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and vegetables.
- Cut peppers into equal halves. A tip: Try to buy peppers that are symmetrical and have somewhat flat sides – this makes it easier for them to balance while baking.
- Core the peppers so that they’re clean enough to add the filling.
- Pour a quarter of the egg / vegetable mix into each pepper half, adding more vegetables to the top to fill in any empty space.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for approximately 35 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy! I personally like mine with a dash of hot sauce on top.
Notes: This recipe makes 2 servings.
One pepper is 2 servings protein and 1 serving carbs