- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of grated Daiya mozzarella cheese or your favorite veggie cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Note: you can use baby kale or spinach
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and red pepper flakes. Cook for one minute.
- Add the thinly sliced spinach (or kale) to the pan, toss with onions and olive oil. Cook for a few minutes, until the Spinach is just wilted
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the beaten eggs to the pan. Stir until the eggs begin to set. Then stir in the shredded Daiya mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat and continue to stir a few times until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
This is for 2 people. 1 serving = About 3 servings of protein and 1 of carbs