- canola cooking spray
- 16 oz cauliflower florets
- 16 oz brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (or more oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Place the cauliflower and the Brussels cut side down on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and roast on the bottom third of the oven 25 minutes, tossing half-way until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add shallots. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Shut the oven, reserve about 1 generous cup of the roasted vegetables and keep warm on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the rest to the pot and simmer 2 minutes.
- Transfer in two batches to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in 4 bowls topped with the roasted vegetables and fresh black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
- Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: g, Cholesterol: 2.5mg, Sodium: 393mg, Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 4g Protein: 6.5g