- 2 Teaspoons of olive oil
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and remove gills
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ pound ground turkey
- ½ cup of baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste or Italian seasoning
- In a large skillet add 2 teaspoons of olive oil the mushrooms and let cook until softened. 5 to 7 minutes. Flip them halfway through. Set aside on a plate.
- In the skillet add the onion and sauté until softened, 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey and break it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook it and sprinkle with salt and pepper or the Italian seasoning.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach, the residual heat will wilt the spinach easily.
- Scoop the turkey spinach filling into the caps of the mushroom. Serve warm