- 1 tsp fresh ginger root , grated
- 1 tsp Mirin ( or 1 tsp sake + pinch of sugar)
- 4 oz pork sliced in thin strips
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp caraway ground
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- Combine soy sauce Mirin, grated ginger & sesame oil for marinade.
- Marinate pork strips for 2 minutes.
- In non-stick pan heat olive oil to medium high heat.
- Saute marinated pork for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium add garlic, caraway seeds & red cabbage, cover and steam until cabbage is tender.
- Dessert: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce.