- 1 small head of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 ¼ cups Daiya mozzarella cheese, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it’s the consistency of rice. Spread the riced cauliflower over the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until it’s tender and starting to brown just a little around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and add the beaten egg, 2 cups of Daiya mozzarella cheese. Stir together until the mixture is sticky and uniform throughout.
- Line the same baking sheet with a new sheet of parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the baking sheet and use your hands to press it into an oval-shaped crust that’s about 1/4-inch thick. Bake in the preheated oven until it’s lightly browned all over and starting to turn dark brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the lightly browned crust, leaving just a little room around the edges. Sprinkle the rest of the Daiya mozzarella cheese on top, then garnish with the torn basil leaves, if you’re using them. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve!