Oven-Roasted Eggplants with garlic and chili
- Eggplants, ends trimmed and cut into about 1/2 inch slices
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 Serrano chili, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- Basil, chiffonaded
- Make cross-hatch incision into the eggplant slices, taking care to not cut all the way through. Salt generously and set aside for at least 1 hour.
- After the eggplants have softened, thoroughly rinse off the salt and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven 400F.
- Lay out the eggplants on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the eggplant slices, and make sure the oil is rubbed on all over the eggplants. Salt and pepper the eggplants, then sprinkle them with garlic slices and chili.
- Roast in the oven until the eggplants are tender and a fork easily goes through, about 40 minutes. Take the baking tray out of the oven.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the eggplants and basil. Enjoy!