Oregano Lemon Grilled Calamari
- 2 pounds calamari tubes and tentacles
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon juice, to finish
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Slit the calamari tubes up 1 side and lightly score 1 side. Place the tubes and tentacles in a bowl and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan on high heat.
- Remove the calamari from the refrigerator and place on the grill in batches for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Cut the tubes into strips and leave the tentacles whole. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped parsley.