Garlic Herb Lime Cauliflower Rice (Cauli-Rice)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 5-10 cloves of garlic (the more the better, IMO)
- 1 lime
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- olive oil for sautéing
- Finely dice the garlic cloves and herbs. Wash the head of cauliflower, remove the stem/core, and break into smaller chunks. Using a food processor or a box grater, shred the cauliflower. I use the small shredder disk on my food processor. Ends up roughly the size of rice. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat….
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté until very lightly browned. Add the riced cauliflower. Stir the riced cauliflower around until coated with some oil and place the lid on the pan. You may find that you need to add a tad bit more oil
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and then stir in the fresh herbs. Replace lid and cook for a few more minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Toss with the fresh lime juice right before serving. Note: Stores well in the fridge for a few days