Garlic Herb-Rubbed Rib Roast
- 5-lb beef rib roast, boned and tied
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season roast with remaining ingredients on all sides; wrap in foil and place in roasting pan.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Remove foil; bake 30–45 more minutes or until roast is 145°F (medium rare) up to 170°F (well done).
- Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Remove string and bones before slicing.