Last Updated and Effective on October 1, 2012
By using this website, you (“You” or “Your”) agree to these Terms of Service (“TOS”) to use this website and Services (defined below). If You do not agree to these TOS, do not use this website.
Welcome to the Orlando Institute of Weight Management and Metabolic Medicine (“OIWMMM”). OIWMMM is the operator of the OIWMMM websites, orlandoweightlossmd.com (collectively referred to as the “OIWMMM Site” or the “Site”). As used herein, “You” means you or anyone you authorize to use your account. An “End User” is someone who uses the Site. OIWMMM refers to all of the things You can do as an End User collectively as the “Services”. It is important that You are fully aware of both of our respective legal rights and obligations. For that reason, OIWMMM has created these TOS. Please carefully review these TOS, as it forms a binding agreement between You and OIWMMM. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
DISCLAIMER – THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The Site is designed to provide practical and useful information on the subject matters covered. However, it is provided with the clear understanding that the OIWMMM and the Site is NOT a medical organization and is NOT engaged in rendering medical advice or diagnosis.
If medical advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of competent, qualified professional(s) should be sought. The OIWMMM and the Site is NOT a substitute for communications with a properly trained physician who can provide qualified diagnosis and treatment.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
OIWMMM is committed to protecting children’s privacy online. Our website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), OIWMMM will not intentionally collect, maintain, or distribute information about anyone under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete this data from our records.
MODIFICATIONS & UPDATES
The Services offered hereunder may be updated, modified, removed or disabled, in whole or in part, without notice and for any reason in OIWMMM’s sole discretion. Please note that these TOS may also be modified, changed, updated, revised and reissued at any time by updating this posting. If OIWMMM does change these TOS, it will post the most recent version of these TOS and indicate its effective date. You are solely responsible for regularly reviewing these TOS so that You will be apprised of any change(s). Your continued use of the Services after any such change(s) constitutes Your continued and/or renewed acceptance of these TOS as modified.
AUTHORIZATION TO USE SERVICES
All right, title and interest in the intellectual property and proprietary rights in the Services and all of the OIWMMM – generated or licensed content (e.g. text, audio, audiovisual, graphics, software, photographs, page layout, and design) available on or through the Services as well as all technical data and software used with the Services (software, scripts, and all other data) (the “OIWMMM Content”) are owned, licensed or used with permission by OIWMMM. OIWMMM’s Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and OIWMMM retains all rights (owned or licensed) in the OIWMMM Content and the Services. OIWMMM hereby grants You a limited, nonexclusive, non-assignable, revocable, non-sublicensable license to access, reproduce and display using standard internet browser software, the OIWMMM Content (excluding any software code) solely for Your personal, educational, non-commerical use in connection with using the Services. Decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise extracting the code used in any software on the Services into a human readable form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is strictly prohibited. Except as otherwise provided herein, You may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any OIWMMM Content appearing on or through the Services. Use of OIWMMM Content anywhere other than on or through the Services for any reason is prohibited. All features of and content on or through the Services is presumed to be proprietary and copyrighted, unless otherwise designated. You have no proprietary rights whatsoever in the Services or its features.
REGISTRATION AND PASSWORDS
In order to access or use some of the features of the Services, You must register with OIWMMM and create an account. As part of this registration process, You will be asked to provide personally identifiable information and select a password.
You are solely responsible and liable for Your acts or omissions made on or through the use of the Services. Your authorization to use and OIWMMM’s provision of the Services is conditioned upon Your proper use of the Services. Therefore, You agree that You shall NOT engage in any activity which OIWMMM in its sole discretion deems inappropriate or unacceptable, including but not limited to the following:
- Illegal activity or any activity prohibited in these TOS.
- Use these Services in any manner inconsistent with or in violation of these TOS as well as all applicable local, state, national or international laws and/or regulations having the force of law.
- Use the account, user ID, or password of another End User at any time.engage in any activity that is deemed by OIWMMM to be libelous, defamatory or slanderous.use the account, user ID, or password of another End User at any time.
- Interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden upon the Services or servers and/or networks connected to the Services.interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden upon another End User’s use and enjoyment of the Services.
- Use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through password mining or any other means.
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of End Users, including user IDs, from the Services by electronic or other means modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Services, or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion or the Services.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Services.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
- Upload, post, or transmit unsolicited commercial email or “spam” or engage in any practice that is in any way connected with “spam”.
- Use the Services as a forwarding service to another website.import, export, re-export or permit downloading of any message or content in violation of any export or import law, regulation or restriction of the United States and its agencies or authorities, or without all required approvals, licenses or exemptions.engage in any other activity deemed by OIWMMM to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of these TOS.
- Make any automated use of the Services.
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce these TOS and/or send more messages through the Services in a given period of time than a single human can reasonably manually produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser sending one message at a time.
CHANGES TO POLICY
You should be aware that any PII which You voluntarily include and transmit through publicly accessible forums may be viewed and used by anyone with access to such forums. OIWMMM is unable to control such uses of Your PII, and by using such Services You assume the risk that the PII provided by You may be viewed and used by third parties.
MEASURES YOU MUST TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR OWN PRIVACY
Please be careful and responsible whenever You are using this Site. For example, make sure You sign out or close Your computer”s browser once You have finished your session on this Site, as this will help prevent others from accessing Your PII. If You share a computer with someone or are using a computer in a public/semi-public environment such as an internet cafe, educational institution, library, etc. You are responsible for the security of and access to Your computer and therefore Your account and its information. Finally, remember that You are responsible for protecting Your username and password and any other account information.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Services may contain links to other web sites and services not maintained by OIWMMM. In addition, other web sites and services may also reference or link to OIWMMM. If You follow a link to any of these third party web sites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We encourage You to be aware when You leave this Site, or surf the Internet, and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site and service that You visit before You submit any PII to these websites. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of, such other web sites and services.